Reciprocal Health Care Agreement Switzerland

5 Figures for Ireland are based on estimates. This is because the UK and Ireland only exchange S2 forms. The reimbursement of the health care of British pensioners and the care of British visitors are based on a formula agreed between the two countries. The S1 figure does not include dependent retirees. (5) Students may find themselves in a particularly difficult situation when they are already studying abroad. All students are encouraged to purchase comprehensive travel insurance and review local health systems that may be eligible. However, given the circumstances, the UK Government has agreed to continue to cover students` health costs for the duration of their studies, if they are already studying in a Member State when the UK leaves the EU, and on the basis of evidence from their institution. For more information on student aid, click here: more details on the Social Security Transition Agreement. Ask the hospital or doctor if a refund is possible. If not, ask the local public health.

On 31 January, updates were made for all 31 national and post-Brexit health leaders: the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland visited the GOV.UK. Seven leaders (Poland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, France, Ireland) contain new information. (2) We have made specific transitional arrangements for persons insured in the UK who may be in a particularly precarious situation because they become ill before leaving the UK and need treatment on the day of discharge. If a person needs health treatment before the UK leaves the EU and treatment continues until after Brexit, the UK government will pay for this treatment period for up to one year (or the period allowed for an S2) or the duration of treatment, if it is shorter. This applies to people who receive health care as an S1, S2 or CEV holder. (a) S1 – The United Kingdom pays for the health costs of S1 holders, including state pensioners, people on disability benefits, some workers and their relatives living in the EU. The United Kingdom has reached an agreement with the Swiss Confederation to ensure that the rights of British and Swiss nationals living in Switzerland living in Switzerland and residing in Britain are maintained in a non-agreement scenario after the UK`s withdrawal from the EU on 31 October. This means that people insured in the UK who are residing in Switzerland at the time of Brexit will continue to have access to health care via their S1 form, as they currently do. General information on travel vaccinations and a travel health checklist can be found on the NHS website.

You can then contact your health advisor or pharmacy to advise you on other preventive measures and treat pre-existing conditions while you are abroad. You must declare your S1 form to the Swiss Central Health Fund (“Joint KVG Organization”). Learn more about registering your S1 form. As we continue to promote our offer to all Member States to continue existing mutual health schemes until at least 31 December 2020, the Government recognises that the rules for leaving the EU may not be simple and that citizens can expect challenges.